Saturday 13 November 2010

Glass Reference


Below are various images of glass found on the internet, which I shall use for reference.

3D Model of Glass and Whiskey.

Below are examples of 3D renders of glass. I hope to achieve this sort of standard. The reflections and refraction patterns are particularly good in the image below. I may need to learn how to use photons and caustics in order to achieve the quality of these renders.





I will have to carry out different render tests in order to experiment with different techniques and functions within Maya so as to achieve a near realistic and believable glass render. Getting the colours and the light to interact with each-other and create interesting and realistic refractions will be tricky so I will probably have to look at books and online tutorials.

Above is an image of a whiskey glass. These are the colours and textures I wish to replicate when rendering the 3D glass model.

Above is an example of the type of glass tumbler/ whiskey glass I hope to create within Maya. This image is a good example of not only shape but the refractions, reflections and light distortions that appear on the surface of the glass.


No comments:

Post a Comment