Saturday 13 November 2010

Areas of Research & Development


Through this unit I hope to learn various different areas that I have not explored yet. I wish to become a better 3D artist. believe the areas I need to expose myself to and improve on areas such as U.V. Mapping, Texturing, Lighting and Rendering. These skills will be useful as it will not only be useful for conceptual work but will also provide me with skills that could improve employability and flexibility.

Knowledge in a 3D program can help with conceptual design in as far as scale, point of view and proportion. 3D can be used in a variety of ways and could open myself up to jobs that I would not have considered doing such as 3D motion graphics and architectural visualization.

In this blog I shall be recording my development and progress. I shall be experimenting with different attributes and techniques, I shall also be conducting test renders to see what works best. I will be using books, online tutorials and fellow students to acquire knowledge regarding features that I have not yet explored.

  • U.V. Mapping
  • Texturing
  • Lighting
  • Rendering

No comments:

Post a Comment